Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Blog Entry #11- Shooting suspect warned of violence in Facebook post

In Omaha Nebraska the son of a police detective shot and wounded the principal and assistant principal of his high school on Wednesday, then shot himself in his car a few blocks away, authorities said. Robert Butler who transferred in November to Millard South High School and left a suicide note on the social media site. This is what he said in the note."Everybody that used to know me I'm sorry but Omaha changed me and the school I attend is even worse you are going here about the evil and I did but that school drove me to do this. I want you guys to remember me for who I was before this OK. It greatly affected the lives of the families ruined but I'm sorry. goodbye," Butler posted on his Facebook page. Butler has been suspended from school on Wednesday morning,when classes resumed after the winter break, for using his vehicle to tear up the football field, local media reported. The principal, Curtis Case, was in stable but serious condition at Creighton University Medical Center, according to spokeswoman Kelsey Archer. He had been at the school for five or six years, Millard Schools Superintendent Keith Lutz said.Assistant principal Vicki Caspar was in critical condition. She was a veteran administrator at the school, Lutz said. The school was equipped with security cameras and guards and performed safety drills, Lutz said. "But nothing prepares you," he said. A 16-year-old student at the school told The Associated Press she was just beginning lunch when a school administrator came into the cafeteria.

I think that was the son of a police detective shouldn't of done that especially when they say that our schools aren't going to be safe anymore because of all the shootings and and all the other things that students do and teachers don't know. There was really no regulation on guns and and other things that kids use. But these people really need people's prayers they said that in the article at the end.


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40929538/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

No comments:

Post a Comment