Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blog Entry # 3- Transformed into heroes, rescued Chile miners ponder future

Chile's 33 newly rescued minors recovered from their ordeal on Thursday while also pondering the celebrity status they have gained.Most of the miners were found to be in decent health despite being stuck in a collapsed mine tunnel since August 5. The men were resting in a hospital after being hoisted to the surface in a rescue operation watched by millions worldwide. One of the miners had pneumonia and was being treated with antibiotics. Following a more than two-month entrapment deep under a remote desert. It took about 22 hours from the time the first miner was brought to the surface until the last miner was pulled to freedom late on Wednesday, and then another roughly 2-1/2 hours until the last of the six rescuers also emerged from the gold and copper mine early on Thursday.

Opinion: My opinion on this issue in Chile I would not want to be stuck in a cave that long. I would not want any people around me for a while. I would also want to know what is going on with our money. I would want enough stuff to get me through this incident with the minors.


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39664229/ns/world_news-americas/

No comments:

Post a Comment